The 20-acre Potomac River Generating Station, in the Old Town North, will soon provide housing and jobs near the Potomac. The former coal-fired power plant in Virginia was one of the largest industrial sites in Alexandria. It was decommissioned in 2012 and is being transformed.
As per wtop.com
, "Hilco Redevelopment Partners just bought the plant site and has plans to create a mixed-use development space featuring housing, jobs and an improved public open space. Pepco will continue to own a portion of the site and operate an electrical substation on the property. The Alexandria City Council approved the Old Town North Small Area Plan, which includes this plant, in 2017."
, the chief executive officer of Hilco Redevelopment Partners, said in a news release, "We’re excited for the opportunity to redevelop the old Potomac River Generating Station site. Hilco Redevelopment Partners is committed to remediating this extraordinary site to the most current environmental standards and transforming it into a new and exciting development that will best serve the community and create economic growth and opportunity for all stakeholders. We approach every redevelopment opportunity in a way that is sustainable for the environment, sustainable for the community, and sustainable for jobs. Alexandria
will be no exception."
Properties in Exchange At van Dorn
- $349,900: 4860 Eisenhower Ave #284, Alexandria, VA 22304 | Exchange At van Dorn | Comparables |
- $269,000: 4862 Eisenhower Ave #170, Alexandria, VA 22304 | Exchange At van Dorn | Comparables |
- $355,000: 4850 Eisenhower Ave #229, Alexandria, VA 22304 | Exchange At van Dorn | Comparables |
- $344,900: 4850 Eisenhower Ave #222, Alexandria, VA 22304 | Exchange At van Dorn | Comparables |
- $274,900: 4862 Eisenhower Ave #362, Alexandria, VA 22304 | Exchange At van Dorn | Comparables |
See more in Exchange At van Dorn